Sustainability Awards & Accolades
Whistler Resort is a proven leader in enivornmental sustainability, having recieved numerous awards and accolades, including being the first Canadian destination to achieve the prestigious APEX/ASTM sustainability certification in four standards.
Standards of environmental quality in Whistler exceed those in typical communities. The resort community is set within a beautiful natural environment boasting fresh air, clean water and breath-taking scenery. These ecological assets help serve as a catalyst for initiatives such as Whistler2020, the community’s shared vision to be the premier mountain resort community – as we move toward sustainability. This vision re-imagines Whistler as a sustainable community through action, planning and implementation.
Whistler Blackcomb Sustainability Awards List
- 2014 - Named One of Canada's Greenest Employers
- 2014 - 2014 SHIFT Sustainability Award
- 2014 - Named finalist in the Leadership Excellence category for BC Hydro 2014 Power Smart Excellence Awards
- 2013 - Named One of Canada's Greenest Employers
- 2012 - BC Hydro Power Smart Excellence Awards Winner in the Power Smart Leader category.
- 2012 - Named One of Canada's Greenest Employers
- 2011 - Named One of Canada's Greenest Employers
- 2010 - Golden Eagle Award for Overall Environmental Excellence by a Ski Resort in North America.
- 2010 - Canada's Greenest Employers: Renewable Energy Development, Waste Reduction and Land Conservation Initiatives
- 2010 - Skiing Magazine - Best renewable energy project
- 2007/08/09 - Only ski area in Canada to recieve an A rating by the Ski Area Citizens coalition
- 2009 - Canada's Greenest Employers: The Greenest Ski Resort in Canada
- 2007 - Aware (WEB) Environmental Business Award
- 2007 - Silver Eagle Award for Excellence in Fish and Wildlife Habitat Protection
- 2006 - BC Tourism Award for Environmentally Responsible Tourism
- 2006 - Silver Eagle Award for Excellence in Waste Management in the North American Ski Industry
- 2006 - First Choice Responsible Tourism Award for Best in Mountain Environment
- 2005 - Golden Eagle Award for Overall Environmental Excellence in the North American Ski Industry
- 2005 - BC Hydro Power Smart Excellence Award